Monday, July 20, 2015

My attempt at abstract painting : Anything But A Card Challenge #49



Today's project is my DT project for Anything But A Card Challenge blog.The current Challenge... is OPEN! We all love a good prompt to inspire us and let us stretch our creative muscle. With summertime in full swing... we want to see what you're creating.Do visit us to see the inspiration projects from my fellow DTs and do play along with us.

I have been meaning to try my hand at abstract painting for a while and since we have and open theme this time, what better time to experiment. I wanted to created an art piece for my guest bedroom, so my colour choices are determined by the dominant colours in that room.



I also am fascinated with all the gold leaf projects that seem to be very popular nowadays so I experimented with faux gold leaf. I have to say, I love it.

I had thought that doing an abstract would be pretty easy, but I have to admit it took me a while to figure out if I am done with the project. I am so used to putting a focal point in my projects that leaving just a bare background was surprisingly tough. I am still not sure if I will change it up later, but for now this remains as it is. What do you think?

Cheers
Pals

 

No comments:

Post a Comment